NCI Charrette System™ Certificate Training + Design Thinking
Our latest training merges the NCI Charrette System with Design Thinking to offer an advanced collaborative innovation process. Through this training, you will learn to activate the unique creative potential of all stakeholders as they engage in creating a transformative plan. Whether you are working on a community design, public policy, or a company’s strategic plan, this course will equip you with a flexible, yet replicable, systematic project management process.
Content includes tools for gauging the length and cost of a charrette using project budget, political considerations, and design difficulty. Also included in the training are design thinking empathy and ideation tools, conflict resolution tools, social media, distance participation, keypad polling, web-based flip charts, and touch tables for public design meetings.
NCI trainings consistently attract top practitioners in the field from across the US and abroad. Students report that one of the most valuable aspects of the course is learning from others and establishing beneficial relationships in the field of community planning.
2016 Upcoming Public TrainingsFollow orange links below for details on individual trainings.
- Portland, OR — October 17-19 **Early registration through 8/31
Who should take this course
This training is for anyone involved in transforming communities and organizations, including city and regional planners, public health staff, developers, architects, land and transportation planning consultants, and citizen advocates.
- Learn a systematic approach to fostering creativity and innovation.
- Identify and orchestrate the engagement of key stakeholders.
- Learn how to create broad stakeholder support, reduce costly rework, and produce a plan with an exceptional design.
- Gain a practical knowledge of the high- and low-tech collaborative planning tools and techniques used by leaders in the field.
- Explore methods for facilitating a public, hands-on workshop that maximizes participation while assuring that no person or group dominates.
- Practice using key NCI Charrette System tools and techniques, including: Guiding Principles, Project Charrette Products, Stakeholder Analysis and Outreach, Project Complexity Analysis, NCI Charrette System Roadmap, Charrette Ready Plan, and Charrette Scheduling.
Training AgendaExercises are performed by small groups (8 max) using case studies
RegistrationThis 3-day, intensive training will be offered to the public several times per year. Register through the NCI website or partnering organizations. See the above list of dates for upcoming trainings. This training is also available in-house at your location. Please contact us for details and availability.
|This course is accredited with the AIA for 18 continuing education hours (CEHs), the AICP for 18 certification maintenance (CM) credits, andthe CNU for 18 CNU-A continuing education credits.|| |